When you’re moving to a new home, moving day can be incredibly stressful! Knowing how to prep and what to expect can make your move go smoothly without you pulling your hair out.
Moving Day Checklist
One way to reduce stress is with a moving day checklist to help keep you organized and on track. Here’s a list you can revise to fit your needs:
- Wake up early – you don’t want to be snoozing when the movers arrive.
- Eat breakfast! You’ll need lots of energy for the busy day ahead.
- Pack last-minute and personal items and your belongings that are going with you and not on the moving van and set them aside.
- Greet your movers and show them around so they can see everything that’s going on the truck.
- Get out of the way! Your moving company knows what to do and how to do it. Let them take care of your things while you stand by to answer questions and make decisions.
What Happens When the Movers Arrive?
Once your moving team arrives, things will go quickly. They’ll get to your home at a prescheduled time, introduce themselves, check your home, and assess what is going on the moving van, and then they’ll get started. They have a lot of practice and a reliable process for putting furniture, boxes, and all your belongings on the truck so that it’s all safe and secure. You may get a written inventory of what’s on the truck and a bill of lading indicating your estimate and the arrival date and time of the truck, usually applicable only if you’re moving long-distance.
How to Prep
You can prep for moving day by making sure you’re as well-rested as possible, have beverages, snacks, and lunch available to keep your energy up throughout the day and make sure kids and pets are not underfoot while the movers are there. Your moving company will ensure everything goes as smoothly and as low-stress as possible.
When you’re ready to schedule your move, call in the company with over 75 years of experience moving families just like yours into their new homes. Contact Nilson Van and Storage with all your moving day questions and to get a free quote on your residential move.