What Sort of Licensing and Insurance Do I Need for a Commercial Move?

When planning a commercial move, make sure the proper licensing and insurance is in order. Many business owners looking to relocate ask what kind of licensing and insurance are necessary for a commercial move. If you're looking for a simple answer, unfortunately, you're out of luck. The short version is that there are different requirements for insurance based on what you're moving, which company you use, and the destination.

Ask Your Moving Company about Your Insurance Options

Moving companies offer different levels of valuation protection to their clients. Ask your moving company what they offer for commercial moves. Experts recommend you purchase the most wide-reaching plan. It will no doubt be the most expensive, but it is worth it for the peace of mind; and in the unlikely event that some of your businesses possessions sustain damage during the move, it will cover more of the loss.

Check the Company's License and Credentials

Many jurisdictions require licenses to operate a moving company. These licenses invariably state that the company must hold a minimum amount of worker's comp insurance. If the moving company doesn't have worker's comp, then your business may be liable if one of their workers gets hurt while moving your items. It may seem like common sense for a company engaged in an activity that can cause injuries to carry worker's comp insurance, but some firms try to cut corners by not purchasing this type of policy. Moving companies that do this often call their movers "day labor," so be on the lookout for the usage of this term. Want to know more about licensing and insurance for a commercial move? Contact us today! We are happy to help you with any questions or concerns you might have.

Whether your move is big or small, our skilled movers are dedicated to helping you every step of the way, no matter where life takes you.