Learn our secret to safe, secure vehicle transport during long-distance moves.
Long-distance moves present many challenges and practical obstacles, no matter your destination. If you want to keep your current car, transporting it can be another stressor. How can you get it to your destination? A great choice is hiring a moving company to transport it for you. You can save time, money, and stress by working with an established company who can handle your household packing and delivery, right along with moving your vehicle.
Decide on Acceptable Terms
There are several ways to move a vehicle. You can hire someone to:
- Drive your car to your new location
- Drive a vehicle on which your car rides in the open
- Drive a vehicle containing your car in an enclosed area
Make sure you get the details in writing and ask about your mover’s insurance plan. How does it relate to your vehicle? For insurance to cover a car with specialty features, the policy might require additional protection.
Prepare Your Car for Transport
Once you’ve received an accurate quote from a moving company, it’s time to get your vehicle ready for transportation. Some of these steps are simple and take very little time or effort. Others might require a trip to a dealership. Still, others might fall under your moving company’s responsibilities. You’ll want to do the following before transporting your car:
- Perform basic maintenance
- Wash your car and clean the inside
- Take interior and exterior photos
- Check on inspection, registration, and insurance laws in your new location
- Make an extra set of keys for the moving company
Call Nilson Van and Storage for quotes and information on auto transportation during long-distance moves.