Do you have your international move preparation checklist ready to go? If you’re facing a global move or relocation to another country, you need to prepare differently than a local or national move. We’ve got you covered with a list of tips that can help your move go smoothly.
- As soon as you know about the move, start planning. Create a schedule that can help keep you on track.
- Cancel your lease, sell your home, or plan to rent your current residence. Give yourself time to get this taken care of.
- Time to cull! Nothing like moving internationally that will motivate you to declutter and get rid of things you don’t need. The more you move, the higher the cost, so start sorting your belongings now.
- Schedule your moving company. Movers are busier now than ever, and international moves can often take longer to get on the books, so schedule them as soon as you know your move dates.
- Check with immigration to find out what paperwork and documents you’ll need for the country you’re moving to, and start collecting them now. Sometimes it can take time to process. Don’t wait until the last minute.
- Collect all of your personal and legal documents to you have them handy when you get to your destination, just in case. Birth certificates, passports, legal documents, education, and medical records should all be in one place.
- Set up banking at your destination so you can shop and pay for things without having to wait and get stuck without cash or credit when you need it.
This basic list will help you get started preparing for your move out of the country. Contact the experts at Nilson Van and Storage for more information and to schedule the most reliable international moving company in the area.